Wednesday 1 May 2013


I have been working on a new series of dowsing rod collages for the last four months. I have started to use paint brushes dipped in liquid ink and scanning the drawing in as I have done before. I print them out in pieces and collage them into one work. I then introduce them to an element in the environment, leave them to interact with the environment ( insitu-creek beds, forest floor etc) for differing periods of time before mounting or framing. Each piece of work has been physically touched by the artist hand and the environment, irregular in shape and has a surface. They are not a series. Each collage is a site specific unique work. The largest one is mid-size. I plan to photo document my process to further explain to the viewer what I am doing. 

The work is about the beauty of the line and the effects of interaction with the elements of the environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment