Friday 23 March 2012


Bridge



This is a new image I have been working on for a few months. It has a lot of detail and is quite full. What I like about it is that it has so many areas that the viewer can get lost in. I will make some crops to show you how detailed it is.
It is quite a slow drawing. After the initial impact it then comes at you slowly. I always like art that when you look at it you can stay with it a long time. Art that is like a one line joke is of no interest to me. A collector once told me that he has his first cup of coffee every morning in front of one of my works. He said he sits there and reads it seeing more and more each day. I liked that. I remember looking at a Rembrandt for a few hours one day and coming back the next day and seeing a yellow dot that I was sure had not been there the day before. I was not ready to see it. And when I was, it allowed me in.

We are now in the final stage of preparation for my show next month at Herringer Kiss Gallery in Calgary. It is all coming together and the excitement is building.

No comments:

Post a Comment