Friday 2 March 2012

Every day I draw. I make upwards of ten thousand drawings a year. No matter where I go or what I am doing I draw. I always have paper with me, or a sketch book. Large or small it does not matter. I love paper. The feel of it beneath my hand. How blank and endless the opportunities are with it. How one simple line can transform an entire plane.  The immediacy of drawing has always appealed to me. To this day I am still excited by a mark on paper, different materials and new directions.

                                                                      Hallaw, 2011




With the introduction of the dowsing rod into my work several years ago I brought in an outside influence. Where my hand would normally go right the rod choose to go left. I was then left to deal with the removal of the personal. Later I could react to the foreign mark reinvesting my personal meaning into the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment