Thursday 15 March 2012

Whip



When talking about my work I have always referred to them as original works. People have talked about the prints as being drawings. What I am really wanting to do is differentiate between something like a giclee print of a painting or a drawing, and what I am doing. This is new media and people sometimes have difficulty placing it and understanding it. My work only exists in its final state, so I don't like to talk about it being large prints of my drawings. This is also why I don't like my work mentioned along with photopraphy. I am a painter who is using technology, without letting technology use me. That is why I talk about these as being drawings, even though they are digital prints. They are not photographs or enlargements of a finished product. Again they only exist in their final state.

As quoted in Vancouver Magazine in May 2011, "Twenty-year Alberta painter invents a new practice blending automatic drawing, land art, and digital manipulation."This is something that I want to stress, which gives my work its uniqueness and allows people a way to find their way into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment