Thursday 1 March 2012

I often wonder if people have any idea what it is to be an artist? The worries an artist has? For myself the making was and never has been a worry. I can always make. My worries come from once the art has left my studio. Will they get it? Will they buy it? Can it pay the bills? How much do I have to give of myself in so many ways and get so little in return? How long can I keep doing this? Do I have a choice? The answer is no. I have to make. There is not a choice. I have always made. I will always make.
 I have seen a lot of really good art go unnoticed. I have always found this a troublesome thing. A fellow artist once said to me "well I can always fall back on being rich." I had no idea what he was saying. I asked him and he said if we worked as hard as we do on something else as we do our art we would be rich. It was funny but very true.





Today I am posting a preproduction close up of one of my new prints. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment